So You may ask Futures? Well, my dad is a day trader, and if my husband had it his way he'd follow in his foot steps.. So what are my knitting futures? Odessa, Mermaid Mesh and Felt Clogs! Is that enough? Oh lets not forget the progress of my Picovoli lately...I have tried it on and it looks great! Just have to finish below the bust ;)
I have purchased all materials needed for these projects and I am awaiting the delivery of the beads for Odessa.
I have the cotton yarn for Mermaid Mesh, it is a lovely shade of blue. It is Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine'...mmmm, yummy...
*Yarn Porn here* Sorry guys camera ran out of juice! next post!
FO!!!! Here are my moms socks ready for Mothers day..
Here is my Mother-in-law's socks in the make! I modified this pattern a bit ...Okay ALOT! I moved up 2 needle sizes and just kept 1 of the repeats to drape the intep for show...I needed to make sure this would be ready in time! So the stitch count was decreased dramatically... I was thinking of writing the pattern up if you guys want it? Just comment if ya do then I will post.
I Joined SP 8 b/c my best friend Jenn is one of the hostesses! my questionaire is below.....
We have Spirit yes we do, we have Spirit how bout you?
I have extended entries until the end of the weekend. So post about your knitting spirit and tell me so we can all look at your blog. Be entered into the contest to win something from Yarntopia
I am kind of proud of this so I will mention it..... I have been counting calories (1200-1300 /day) for the past 14 days and guess what? I have lost wieght! I have lost 6 pounds and still continue to lose...I have gotten to the point where I can keep focused on the goal and can control my cravings... I hope this continues! It has carried on to Chris too, he can feel the pounds dropping off too:)
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like anything but 100% acrylic... and some of them are acceptable if soft enough, like microspun by Lion Brand, love the stuff... My favorite yarns for summer are cotton blends, and I like wool blends for winter.....some of the stuff in my stash: Cotton ease, Jaeger Trinity, GGH samoa, socks that rock, trekking, Silk blends, Alpaca......I like Plymouth yarns also they are cheaper ;) I don't care for novelty yarns... Knit picks is great too. Right now I am really into Jaeger Trinity! Love that stuff! It is affordable lots of yardage for the price,and cotton & silk, what could a girl want more?!.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a case.. but the circular needle case is doing double time! it is way full!!!! a hand sewed one would be great!
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
umm, depends i guess intermediate, b/c i don't know intarsia....
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yep! i need to update it by the 15th ;)
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavendar all the way!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
i like salty things the most. like olives ans stuff... and i am a sucker for pop rocks!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I like beading....
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like punk music and top 100 alternitive music... you know the stuff they play on the radio.....
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pinks, purples, lavendars... and i like earth tones, and i like, rich, bold, true colors... NO NEONS!
10. What is your family situation?
Do you have any pets? no pets but i have a husband and two young boys :)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
lace scarves and shawls....
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
shawls,socks, tank tops... right now atleast ;)
13. What are you knitting right now?
Picovoli, socks, and lace tank top....
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
i Love bamboo and addi turbos.. i also like brittany birchs.... I use magic loop method so i really don't use DP's....
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
i own a swift but not a winder... that would be a great gift if you could find one used?
17. How did you learn to knit?
i taught myself one night...online..
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
um, cough, cough.....um, a year old ;) irish hiking scarf.. poor thing will get finished one day :)
19. What is your favorite holiday?
halloween, b/c it starts my favorite time of year... fall!.....in the south that when fall starts :)
20. Is there anything that you collect?
besides yarn? nope....
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
interweave knits... no specific books.. could always use a book for summer stuff...or cardigans...
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
toe up socks
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
i LOVE knitting socks! my measurements are heel to toe 9" circum. 8" round..... average womans size 7 US...
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)